November 26, 2012

Dropcloth Holiday Swag

I have recently refurbished a chair I found on the trash and had some left-over dropcloth material laying around. I wanted to make a new wreath for my front entrance but I don't make traditional wreaths too much. You can check out my spring wreath made from a silver tray here.

But I have been a crafting fool lately and I woke up the other day with this idea. This idea to make flowers out of drop cloth. Why drop cloth? I have scraps and I wanted to spend $0 on a new wreath. So could I pull it off?

I am over the moon with the results....
I started with some poinsettias

addeda abit of sparkle here and there....

then some roses....

and lastly some carnations or shredded flowers as I have named them.

I hot glued them to a piece of cardboard and added some gorgeous champagne and brown  ribbon I have been saving from a Godiva Chocolate box! Yes, It really was too pretty to throw away.


You can hang a swag anywhere.....

inside on a chifferobe.....


on an a old fireplace insert....

or on the front door as a sweet welcome. I can even attach it to a traditional wreath if I wanted....
but I think I like it as is.

Always being renewed,



Please see the link party page to see where I link arms with those blissfully beautiful bloggers that host every week. So gracious they are along with these other sweet ladies! Todays Creative Blog vif187 all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {5/1} Home Stories A2Z  
We Would Love For You To Join Us Each Wednesday... southern hospitality

My Repurposed Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbialollipops

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

29 comments:

  1. That is adorable and almost echos the look of a shabby chic wooden furniture applique. Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this ... beautiful and creative for any season! m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is beautiful! I can't wait to make this! I'm a new follower and enjoyed your blog.

    I currently have a blog party posted and would love for you to post this! :)

    http://sew-licious.blogspot.com/2012/11/show-licious-craft-showcase-9-blog-party.html

    Marti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely! This is such a classic design that it can be up year round. Also love your paper trees. I am your newest follower and would be honored if you took the time to stop by toddlindsey.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty ~ I can imagine 1000 ways to display this swag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Helloooooooooo that is GORGEOUS!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's beautiful, I love drop cloth crafts! so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun swag! I love the simple colors and that touch of sparkle tops it off...
    Pinning...

    hugs x
    Crystelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, that turned out beautifully! I really, really love this. Great job.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kim, so lovely and creative girl!!!!! Pinned and inspired:) I posted http://www.sewsweetvintage.com/2012/11/reversible-holiday-note-board.html to picket fence:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh my gosh, this is so adorable, love the different flowers, and how smart of you to use "leftovers"!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my...I so love this cute THRIFTY idea...looks outstanding!!

    Blessings,
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's gorgeous, Kim! Wow! It might be thrifty but it's very boutique! Beautiful job! Thankss o much for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. That creates such a beautiful texture! Lovely, lovely!

    Thanks so much for linking up,
    <3 Christina at I Gotta Create!

    ReplyDelete
  17. So cute! I'd love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Tuesday - Saturday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I featured your swag today on Mod Mix Monday. It is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  20. PN- I just glued them as I went to separate drop cloth circle. This allowed me to have a flat base to then hot glue to the cardboard.

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is Darling!!! I love it! Thanks so much for sharing at Thursday's Temptation. I am featuring it tonight on my blog!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love love love these!!! thanks for linking up! Ill be featuring these tomorrow!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for showing how to make this amazing door hanger. Following you now also. Linda

    http://twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/2012/12/on-eleventh-day-of-christmas_3.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. I adore this swag with the rosettes-It's part of my Saturday favs so stop over to check it out-Have a great weekend-Claire

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh I love this!!! So creative and pretty. Just saw this on Bless My Nest's Saturday Favorites and had to pin. Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am crazy about drop cloth and this is gorgeous! Hopped over from made in a day. Now a new follower. I would love if you linked this to my party, Share Your Cup Thursday.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Kim,
    I am hopping over to tell you that I will be featuring you on Share Your Cup later today.
    Hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful, thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me! i love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...