I know this isn't a great picture but you get the idea. I had tried to strip the paint off of the back of the fireplace but I think it is baked on from the heat! The subway tile came right off but the hearth tile never got done due to arrival of child #3. So It has stayed in this state for 5 years.
I finally had enough about three weeks ago and just painted it gold, since I had some gold glaze laying around.
It looked butt ugly.
Buuuut, I thought I'd try to live with it for a while to see if it was just shock.
Well, the shock has worn off and I am not sure if I want to add another coat and see or scrap the whole darn thing and go for replacing the hearth tile with something to match the surround.
And I have no idea what to do with the inside....
What do you suggest?
Always being renewed,