January 27, 2013

Living Room Reno-Demo

Thought I'd share with you the progress we have made on the LR since Friday.
Any ideas yet about sofa/chair choices? You can go here to see the before photos.

Friday: I took down the wall paper, bad chair rail used as crown moulding, ceiling fan, and the blasted ceiling tile. Almost forgot to turn off the electric when I tackled the fan so this might be an entirely different kind of post if that thought hadn't kicked in in time....


We have no overhead lighting so I wanted to add 4 pot lights in the corners to brighten things up. Thank goodness we know an awesome electrician, my husband's high school friend, who does happen to remember to turn the electricity of when working with live wires.....

 Saturday: Mike and my hubs re-wired the ceiling fan junction box and added four new holes to my ceiling. Just kidding they did add new holes but these will be home to my 4 beautiful reflecting recessed lighting buddies.

I love Mike!!!!


Sunday: While I went to church, the drywall went up like a fairy god mother waved her wand! Maybe fairy godfathers. My husband, Mike, and now we added his other high school friend Chris got the drywall up and the pot light housings in in no time flat and we got the first coat of mud on.

On the agenda for tomorrow: sand the walls and ceiling and second coat. Decide on a wall color.
decide if I want to do anything else to the ceiling. My shoulders can help me decide after sanding.

Always being renewed,



Please see the link party page to see where I link arms with those blissfully beautiful bloggers that host every week. So gracious they are along with these other sweet ladies! Todays Creative Blog vif187 all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {5/1} Home Stories A2Z  
We Would Love For You To Join Us Each Wednesday... southern hospitality

My Repurposed Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbialollipops

Three Mango Seeds
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

3 comments:

  1. You guys got a lot done. I can't wait to see this project complete. I'm sure it will be fantastic. Megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Kim, it seems like a lot of work! Go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a HUGE project. No wonder your arms are tired from sanding. Pace yourself, girl! On the bright side, you'll have fantastic lighting, a baby's bottom-smooth ceiling, and awesome triceps!

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me! i love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...