April 6, 2013

TIme Warp furniture's here!

We finally got our new furniture for the Living Room! Can I get a WOOT, WOOT!
 Not that the room is any where near finished but I thought I'd give you a little looky-loo. You might want your pointy eyed glasses for this one though! Cause we are going a little Mid-Century Mash-up!
We got the sofa and chair at Macy's and we got them on March 27th which was about 4 weeks sooner than we were scheduled to receive them. We could have had them two weeks after we purchased them if I had gone with the stock fabric. But it was a solid grey both ways in the weave and I wanted it to look a bit less 50's and a little more updated and modern. Hence the 10 weeks till delivery! 

But it was so worth it.
 I love with a capital L, my mustard yellow chair! 

I wanted the turquoise sofa but the Main Man has to live here too and he is a little gun shy when it comes to color. So I was happy to compromise and add color in the pillows, etc to get my color fix. He made some major compromises, especially for comfort! These couches are a bit firm but then anything compared to the old couches would be considered more than firm! But we both knew that I wasn't going to go for the beige suede overstuffed number that he was hunkered down in, even if he was wearing a dreamy smile. He actually compromises a lot for me when it comes to decorating our home. He knows that I come up with some pretty crazy ideas but over the years he sees that they work! Or he is so totally awesome he is feeding my ego and suffers in silence. Either way that makes him an A-1 catch in my book!

Now off to hunt for a cool rug for under $300? Can I do it? We will see........


Always being renewed,



Please see the link party page to see where I link arms with those blissfully beautiful bloggers that host every week. So gracious they are along with these other sweet ladies!
DIY Show Off
Read more at http://diyshowoff.com/2013/04/01/that-diy-party-10/#xgMAcRCgRocl5vmh.99  Todays Creative Blog vif187 all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {5/1} Home Stories A2Z  
We Would Love For You To Join Us Each Wednesday... southern hospitality

My Repurposed Life My Uncommon Slice of Suburbialollipops

Three Mango Seeds
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special
Mod Vintage Life

6 comments:

  1. Hi! How cute! I love the hairpin legs! Can't wait to see how you continue to put together the rest of the room!

    Cheers,
    Julia
    It's Always Ruetten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the sofa and chair in this space! Your living room already looks fabulous, cannot wait to see it when you are done :)

    xo, Tanya
    twelveOeight

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm certain you can find a rug for that price! Love your space by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have mid-century envy! Great color choices... how delicious to be hunting for a rug! Lynaea @ EveryDayBloom.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many thanks for the exciting blog posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you are a brilliant writer. I actually added your blog to my favorites and will look forward for more updates. Great Job, Keep it up. furniture Store

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello everyone, it's my first pay a quick visit at this website, and piece of writing is really fruitful in favor of me, keep up posting these articles or reviews.

    my blog - tusze

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me! i love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...