May 8, 2012

Placemat Purse and my Squeezies!


My place mat had a conversion. No she did not go to a revival but she will manage to become filled with all kinds of goodies.

 Remember her  and I made you guess what I was going to turn her into?



Here she be!




 Did you see a purse comin'? Neither did I until I brought them home. 4 for $3.99! I had the material at home so that cost my a big fat $0.00 and it gets better..... the handles were on clearance for $1.97!  I am hyperventilating cuz this purse only cost $3.00!



I love a good repurpose. Stay tuned tomorrow for the tutorial. And I might give you another BOGT (Blog one, get two tutes!) as I think I might make a clutch out of another!!! Ya' know the great thing about these purses, you can unfold them for an impromptu picnic! Woot!Woot!

I hope you have been taking my challenge to look at things differently. 
Now how about looking at life differently? Scary? No. 
Life changing? 
YES!
Try it and let me know how it's going.

 I didn't want to leave you hangin' wondering how my sister weekend went. 

AWESOME!

It is good to be home but I already miss my sisters!  We had an extraordinary time together which always makes it hard to say good-bye. (Isn't that a song or something?) I am never good at goodbyes because I am a cryer so the first 10 minutes of the drive were a bit blurry and they wouldn't let me post the ones of the shaving cream in the face joke or the drooling on the pillow. Now that made me just breakdown completely!

But here are a few highlights that got by the SCD (Sisters Commission on Decency)......

My older sis Melissa and I did some serious damage at the Outlets while we waited for our baby sis Lisa to arrive. Not sure who thought fur was making a comeback but we were doing our best "Blue Steel" look. We look so natural don't we??


I think I look like the Church Lady trying to do the Blue Steel look!

Trying not to laugh as I took the iPhone pic.

Why hasn't anyone discovered us yet? 

Took these just to show my Izzy the shoes. 

Yeah Lisa showed up and we decided a photo op was in order in front of a horse that is painted like a cow. That explains the quizzical looks on our faces.


What we do best, EAT!

Our dad used to order a Jim Dandy Sundae from Friendlys Restaurant after every meal, and he'd finish the whole thing! So we ordered this one in honor of him. No, he is still alive and kickin' but I think the whole honor him thing was just an excuse to eat 5 scoops of ice-cream smothered in all kinds of deliciousness!  

3 minutes later......

I love you sistas and I thank God almost everyday that you are apart of my life. 
The other days I thank Him twice! 


Always being renewed,


Please see the link party page to see where I link arms with those blissfully beautiful bloggers that host every week. So gracious they are. Todays Creative Blog vif187 all crafts Homemade Projects ~ Add Yours! {5/1} Home Stories A2Z

23 comments:

  1. The purse is cute! Neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea...and it looks great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for the purse! You are so creative. :-) Love seeing the photos of your sisters' weekend. I was fortunate enough to have a girls only weekend with my sister last month. I know what you mean about having a "blurry" ride home. :-) Have a wonderful night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the purse! So I am not sure of your location but if you are ever up in the Sierra Nevada's we must go thrifting together! It looks like you had so much fun. Not like when I go and my baby is crying so I have him on my hip while I push his huge stroller full of his toys and a stack of items on top... Now I am jealous of your shopping trip.

    I have to tell you I have taken your challenge to heart and I am looking at things differently. I am not sure about looking at life different, but I WILL try. Have a good rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The purse is super cute! I can't wait to see the clutch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now Kim... how and who on earth could have predict this crazy little project of yours? LOL! Well the purse turned out fantastic! Thumbs up for your imagination and creativity! And you're lucky to have such loving sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous idea! Never would have occurred to me. Nice one. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is really cool, never would of thought to change a placemat to a purse. It turned out fantastic, your imagination is pretty high! Enjoyed seeing you share special time with your sisters! They are the best! Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration over at Sunday's Best!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun yall rocked it!!
    Love the white heels!!
    RaNae

    ReplyDelete
  10. This purse is awesome!! I love it! Thanks for linking up this week to Fantabulous Friday @ Little Becky Hoemcky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just to let you know, I featured your wonderful project today. Pop on by and check it out {grab a featured button} and most importantly – have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You and your sisters reminded me of my mother in law and her sisters! They are very close and laughter is all over the place when they three meet!

    The bag is genius! There is a link party going on in my blog today. I would LOVE for you to share this :)
    http://myricandreasen.blogspot.com/2012/05/link-party-and-give-away.html

    xoxo
    Myric

    ReplyDelete
  13. OKAYYYYYY KIM!!!! Can you come visit me??? Cuz I bought these REALLY AWESOME place mats in a thrift shop and attempted to turn one into a bag and I just don't know quite how to handle the fabric part inside.... I LOVE YOURS!!!!!! So, so, cute. Now if me and my sewing machine could become better friends....

    And you and your sisters are adorable and I love those shoes your modeling ANDDDD the black jacket too!!! (Even thought I Think ya'll were teasing with it!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. kim, this is soooo clever!! looks so high end! featuring this today on our facebook page! thank you for sharing at uncommon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so clever! Love this idea. Thanks so much for sharing it at Project Queen's Link Party last week. I will be featuring it Monday evening at the Highlight Party.

    ReplyDelete
  16. No way! I love it! I saw some handles on sale at JoAnn's that would be perfect for this :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for linking up to my Tuesday Confessional link party. I've featured your post, so head on over and grab a brag button!
    http://www.craftyconfessions.com/2012/05/features-from-last-weeks-tuesday.html
    ~Macy

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are seriously talented and I love that purse! And it looks like you had a great time with your sisters! Thanks for sharing this at the {what's shakin' link party}!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi! Your project is so creative that I featured it on today's Passion Parade Linky party and shared it on my facebook!

    xoxo
    Myric@ Petites Passions

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you for participating in Show Your Stuff Blog Hop, You are invited to come back:
    http://juliejewels1.blogspot.com/2012/05/show-your-stuff-24-bread-machine-banana.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great purse! I love it!! Very creative. Thanks so much for sharing at Thursday's Temptation.
    Jill

    ReplyDelete

Lay it on me! i love to hear from you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...